Return of LIST command in standard output

From: Olivier ROBIN <orobin_at_histor.fr>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:48:05 +0100

Hi,

Here the code of a simple connection with a LIST ftp command:

     curl = curl_easy_init();
     if(curl)
     {
      curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "ftp://127.0.0.1/");
      curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "xxx:yyy");
      curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "LIST"); // LIST command
      curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1); // enable VERBOSE
      curl_easy_perform(curl);
     }

I don't understand why the return of LIST command is sent to the standard output.
It's independant of the verbose informations:
    - if I set CURLOPT_VERBOSE to 0, the return of LIST is always displayed in the console,
    - or if I use CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION (in order to manage the display of HEADER_IN, HEADER_OUT, DATA_IN, DATA_OUT), the return of LIST is displayed twice (first by my callback function, and second I d'ont know why)

So can I disable this automatic send to the standard output ?

Thanks

Olivier.