Re: CURLE_RECV_ERROR

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:13:54 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Ashish Nigam wrote:

(Please don't start a new thread by replying to an old mail, it breaks mail
client and web archive threading. Post a fresh new mail instead!)

> I execute few commands from FTP like Rename remote file and send data from
> memory to remote file.
> I see this error very frequently - "failure when receiving data from the
> peer" which is CURLE_RECV_ERROR.
> I see this error for both of the above operations.
> What can cause this ? I am not using any proxy or secure FTP.
> Are there any CURL parameters I need to tweak to avoid these failures ?

CURLE_RECV_ERROR means the libcurl failed to receive (read) network data. It
is nothing you can do to libcurl to make this go away, it is rather an
indication of a problem with your network or possibly the remote server or
server's network.