RE: Windows RPC server busy. Libcurl Multithreading issues

From: Jim N <jim_at_bluedojo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 07:26:06 -0800 (PST)

>> I thought Ares was already used in libcurl...
>
> It isn't by default, you can however make it use c-ares as an option.

Daniel, I tried to compile libcurl as an option with ares using the
instructions in README.ares but it didn't compile right. Followed the
instructions for Windows and got the following errors:

c:\curl\lib\libcurl.def(7): warning LNK4017: DESCRIPTION statement not
supported for the target platform; ignored

curllib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ares_cancel referenced
in function _Curl_wait_for_resolv

curllib error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ares_version referenced
in function _curl_version

curllib fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

I used c-ares 1.2.1

>> The debugger shows some error in some heap allocation/deallocation
>> routine.
>
> Do you happen to have any more details?

I may have seen some other error, but the RPC exception error caused the
debugger to break and show disassembly code. It could not pinpoint an
error in the source. I don't know how to use the disassembler very well
or read hex code.