RE: can not generate libcurl.lib on AIX 4.1.3

From: <delphine.menjikoff_at_orsyp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:56:23 +0100

Hello Daniel,

The 'in_addr_t' is undefined. Curl/lib/config.h:

/* type to use in place of in_addr_t if not defined */

/* #undef in_addr_t */

My system don't have a in_addr_t typedef defined somewhere.

I think that my OS is too old too compile and generate the libcurl.

I have the same problem in this OS to compile a little C source which use a dlopen()/dlclose functions defined in the dlfcn.h. My AIX system didn't found this include file....

Only solution is to upgrade this OS ?

Arggh

=° (

I tried the libcurl.a http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/packages/curl.html without success

-lz option is not recognize by my AIX OS (to resolve symbole inflate, inflateEnd...) when I build my executable with the libcurl.a static lib.

My OS is really too old I think...

Delphine.

Ok, Tor Arntsen's builds only run on more recent AIX version by they all work

fine (except for a few which has other problems not related to this). But the

guys at ucla.edu (http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/packages/curl.html) must've

been able to build it since they offer binaries of curl 7.12.3 on AIX 4.1...

The problem seem to be the 'in_addr_t' typedef. Can you check if that is

defined in lib/config.h after you ran configure?

Can you also check what your system's inet_addr() function returns?

If your system _has_ a in_addr_t typedef'ed somewhere, can you figure out in

which header file?