RE: Access Violation in libcurl in Win32 service application on XP

From: Michael Smith <mikes_at_VERTIGO.NET>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:18:17 -0500

Thanks for your response, however as of yet I have not been able to reproduce the problem. A test is running that will eventually reproduce it, but in the meantime I would like know if it is functionally correct to build libcurl in to static library and link it into my application?

There are factors that you may need to know about my application and environment:
- Visual C++ 6.0 SP5.
- WinXP SP2.
- Win32 console application, runs as a service. Production code.
- Multithreaded socket server application.
- Purpose of libcurl in the application is to download video and image content from an internal webserver. The downloads operate on a background thread.

Thanks