Re: Muting Curl

From: Emannuel Silva <emsilva_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:55:15 -0200

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:30:56 +0100 (CET), Daniel Stenberg
<daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Emannuel Silva wrote:

> > Everytime I exec my perl script file, its going to go verbose on me.

> You mean it outputs all data and headers to stdout? Are you "taking care" of
> them the proper way then? (assuming that there is one, it's been a long while
> since I checked how the perl binding works)

Not all data. Only the headers. The page itself will only be displayed
if I "print @pg_source;" Let me paste a bit of my code here:

---
 use WWW::Curl::easy;
 my $curl=WWW::Curl::easy->new() or die "curl init failed!\n";
 $curl->setopt(CURLOPT_USERAGENT,"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01;
Windows NT 5.0)");
 $curl->setopt(CURLOPT_URL,
https://167.210.172.109/change/bin/files/wcls.asp");
 $curl->setopt(CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, \&body_callback);
 $curl->setopt(CURLOPT_FILE,\@pg_source);
 $curl->setopt(CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE,'pg_cookies');
 $curl->perform();
---
Oh! Let me give away my &body_callback also:
---
sub body_callback
{
 my ($chunk,$context)=@_;
 push @{$context}, $chunk;
 return length($chunk);
}
---
After I perform "perl thisscript.pl", it sends the following to the stdout:
---
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0