Re: HTTP vs HTTPS performance

From: Andy Hobbs <andy_at_hobbs.uk.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:33:23 +0000

Hi,

I expect you will find that the overhead of negotiating an SSL
connection and then encrypting all the data being sent is what is
slowing down your proxy.

Within my office we do not notice any real difference, however our proxy
server is a very powerful server so it has no trouble with the extra
load required

Andy

--
Andy Hobbs <andy_at_hobbs.uk.net>