Re: curl_global_init_mem and libcurl code

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:46:45 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Pavel Orehov wrote:

> I want to use curl_global_init_mem function and give curl my callback
> function for memory management but i see a lot in curl code (url.c,
> transfer.c , ...) that it use malloc or some other memory functions
> directlly and not throught callbacks.

I think you failed to read the source properly. Seen lib/memory.h ?

> So how can i be shure it use my callback functions

You can never be sure there isn't a bug in the lib. But we use the same
functions to track memory (leaks) in the test suite so I'm pretty confident
all memory-related functions are covered and use the proper callbacks.

> should open BUG for each directly usage that i see in libcurl.

If you can provide an example that shows a bug happen, then file a bug report.

If you only believe you spot a bug in the code, post a question here and let
us discuss it.