Re: Windows build problems

From: Christopher R. Palmer <crpalmer_at_vivisimo.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:03:36 -0500

> Looks like you want to use libcurl.dll. Then don't link to libcurl.lib.
> Use liburl_imp.lib instead. Ref. FAQ section 5.7.

Doh. Thanks for pointing out that I should have RTFM... Adding
-DCURL_STATICLIB was, of course, the step that I was missing.

It may be helpful to include a little note about this in the Install
documentation. This documentation effectively tells you to build the
static libraries but doesn't tell you that you will need to define a
constant to be able to use them... Maybe something like this added at the
end of the "Microsoft command line style" section:

At this point you have built the appropriate version of curl.exe and a
static version of the curl library (libcurl.lib). When building an
application that uses the static libcurl library, you must add
-DCURL_STATICLIB to your CFLAGS. Otherwise the linker will look for
dynamic import symbols.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

Cheers,
Chris.

--
Christopher R. Palmer                     palmer_at_vivisimo.com
Chief Technology Officer                  www.vivisimo.com