Re: Implicit SSL connection problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:13:48 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 joseph.tilley_at_atxinc.com wrote:

> I now have an ftp site that makes use of Implicit SSL.

> Also note that the string szURLDirectory is of the form:
>
> ftp://user name:password@123.123.123.123:666/dir_name

For implicit FTP-SSL, you need to use a ftps:// prefix to the URL, so that
libcurl knows it must do the SSL negotiation on the control connection
immediately and unconditionally. Plain ftp:// URLs assume plain TCP connect
first, and then later "upgraded" to SSL/TLS if chosen by the app.

Note that implicit SSL like this is deprecated in the
draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl document.