[ curl-Bugs-1097019 ] multiple GET posts (-G) error

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 00:52:49 -0800

Bugs item #1097019, was opened at 2005-01-06 00:52
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=1097019&group_id=976

Category: http
Group: bad behaviour

Initial Comment:
curl: Corrupt data with '-G' (for multiple submissions at once)?
Linux/Fedora Core2/Kernel 2.6.10

---
curl 7.12.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.12.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1.1
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz
Using:
  curl -s -i -v -G -b cook -c cook -L -d "@DAT2" -H "Host: www.cheapnet2005.biz" "http://{221.11.133.67,211.144.164.204}/rsbill.cgi"
(checking out a spammer's site - the "Cheating Housewives" spammer -
 at multiple IP addresses where data is being submitted in a GET
 and @DAT2 is the data file, 603 bytes)
The first submission (221.11.133.67) went fine.
The second got a core dump (sometimes).
Checking ... I see that in the first submission the data was
submitted correctly
  GET /rsbill.cgi?remote_orderID=592281&remo
but in the second:
  GET /rsbill.cgi?ÈçÚ·èÚ^r[control_junk]rID=592281&remote_order...[more_junk]
(actually, I was redirecting stderr to a file and using "-v" to capture
the data with "-s" not to show the progress of the connection - and redirecting
stdout to another file - I wasn't running, say, tcpdump, actually to
see what was sent but am relying on curl for that)
Sometimes I don't get the core dump, it seems to depend on what data is sent,
but usually I get the corrupted data in the GET (checking the outgoing data)
and so one may have to check that outgoing data to spot the problem.
NOTE: I do not seem to get corrupt data in (second) POSTs, just GETs.
However, if I use:
  curl -s -i -v -b cook -c cook -L -d "@DAT2" -H "Host: www.cheapnet2005.biz" "http://{221.11.133.67,211.144.164.204}/rsbill.cgi?`cat DAT2`"
everything works (so, as using `cat FILE` to add the data instead
of "-G" works, it looks like it may be a curl bug).