RE: [libcurl][AIX]Compilation failed on AIX

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:40:37 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 delphine.menjikoff_at_orsyp.com wrote:

> The ./configure script generate several output like this:
>
> ./configure[31742]: ${"$as_ac_var"}: bad substitution

Really?

First, Tor Arntsen's AIX builds in the autobuilds never show such problems.

The actual shell script line on line 31742 of the 7.12.3 configure script
contains:

         if test `eval echo '${'$as_ac_var'}'` = yes; then

Notice how there is no double quotes, only single quotes.

> Maybe the compilation did not work due to this error?

I doubt it, the compiler errors you got are more related to the questions I
asked you in my previous mail that you completely neglected to answer now.

These configure problems might of course also cause problems, but they will
appear slightly different I believe.