[libcurl] [Generation on UNIX] Options of configure script

From: <delphine.menjikoff_at_orsyp.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 11:38:49 +0100

Hi,

I have the 7.12.3 CURL version. I use it, to generate static library
libcurl.lib (on Win) and libcurl.a (on Unix)

With the Visual C++ IDE, I can specify easily the output of intermediate
file (.obj files) and the output file of libcurl.lib.

On Unix, I specified option of configure script like this:

./configure -prefix=${DIR_LIB} -exec_prefix=${DIR_OBJ} -disable-shared

${DIR_LIB} is the directory where the libcurl.a must be generated

${DIR_OBJ} is the directory where the .o files must be generated

-disable-shared for generate a static lib

In spite of these options, all *.o files are generated in the
/my_dir/curl_7.12.3/lib directory and the libcurl.a is generated in the
/my_dir/curl_7.12.3/lib/.libs directory

My options are wrongs?

Please, can you tell how to specify correctly these 2 output directories
(for *.o file and for libcurl.a file) ?

Thanks

Delphine.