Re: Windows Static Builds

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:44:17 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Traian wrote:

> Hi, I have just spent 2 frustrating hours trying to determine why the new
> version of libcurl (7.12.3) seemed to not build properly on my system.

This change was made some six weeks ago. People have had the chance to test
and comment this. Very few did.

> I apologize if you have explicitly mentioned this new incompatibility in any
> visible point on the website-download-build route, because I have not seen,
> nor was able to find any such mention.

Nope, there is none. Now, since you've experienced this problem and solved it,
perhaps you could do us a big favour and write such a piece of text, and I'll
make sure to put it somewhere for others to see.

This is open source, we depend on contributions to fix the flaws and to
improve the bad parts.