Re: FTP transfers through a proxy

From: Mongi Abdelmoula <mongi_abdelmoula_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:53:52 +0100 (CET)

Transfers through proxy works perfectly now,

Just correct the synthax of the request :

Console > Upload filename ftp://servername/filename http://proxy:port user password

We need to specify the name for the file on the servername , if we don't specify the name of the file : the request is rejected and we will have "500 Syntax error".

Thanks for your help !!

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Mongi Abdelmoula wrote:

> When etherealing, I see following TCP stream :
>
> PUT ftp://servername/ HTTP/1.1

In your previous mail you said you got a HEAD here...

And, I thought you were supposed to use username and password in the URL, as
that is what the working client did.

> The following return code was received from the FTP server:

> 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized. This may include errors such as
> command line too long.

I take it you don't have any logs from the proxy or the ftp server that would
reveal any details?

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail
  Avec Yahoo! faites un don et soutenez le Téléthon !