Re: FTP transfers through a proxy

From: Mongi Abdelmoula <mongi_abdelmoula_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:07:16 +0100 (CET)

I disable the proxy tunnel, the request send to the proxy becomes :
HEAD ftp://servername/ HTTP/1.1 (I need a PUT request)

I add following code lines:

easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, False)

easy.SetOpt(CURLoption.CURLOPT_PUT, True)

But, I have always a HEAD request. How can I correct this ?

Thanks again !!

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Mongi Abdelmoula wrote:

> I Explain here the difference between requests send by LibCurl and request
> send by TotalCommader :
>
> - When I use LibCurl to upload a file, Libcurl send the request "CONNECT
> servername:21 HTTP/1.0" to proxy, this request is insufficient and the proxy
> returm me "HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden".

And I keep telling you that libcurl does this because you have enabled
CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL. If you disable that option, you will instead make
libcurl use "ordinary" proxy-style requests.

> The question now : can I send the request "PUT
> ftp://user:password@servername/filename" using LibCurl?

Yes

> how?

Send a PUT to that URL, with a specified proxy. Do you even try reading the
docs?

Here's some links for you:

- http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTUPLOAD
- http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTINFILESIZE
- http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html#CURLOPTPROXY

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail
Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !