Re: FTP transfers through a proxy

From: Mongi Abdelmoula <mongi_abdelmoula_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:03:26 +0100 (CET)

Yes, Total Commader do FTP upload over the http proxy:
this's the request send by total commander to the proxy when doeing an upload
put ftp://username:password@servername/filename

Can we include username and password in the url send by LibCurlNet like the above request 'put'?

Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> wrote:
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Mongi Abdelmoula wrote:

> CONNECT servername:21 HTTP/1.0
>
> HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden
> Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:08:09 GMT
> Server: NetCache appliance (NetApp/5.6.1D11)
> Connection: keep-alive

This shows the proxy not allowing you to CONNECT to port 21 on a remote
machine.

> Total Commander is an interface that shows ftp connection.
>
> When ethearealing the two requests first from Total Commander and second
> with upload(LibCurlNet), I remark that in the first case the proxy receive
> this request
>
> GET ftp://username:password@servername/ HTTP/1.0 (Correct Request)

This is not an upload. You can make libcurl do this as well, just switch off
the proxytunnel option. But again: this is not an upload so the comparison is
moot.

So, can that tool do FTP upload over your HTTP proxy or not?

> So Upload doesn't send really a Get command.

You don't "upload" with GET.

> Also proxy hasn't receive username & pasword useful to ftp connection´: Any
> packet contain username or password.

No it doesn't. CONNECT expects the proxy to connect to the remote server and
then libcurl would proceed and communicate with that.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail
  Avec Yahoo! faites un don et soutenez le Téléthon !