Re: Memory problem with Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:27:41 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Gonzalo Diethelm wrote:

> The symptom: the program is killed when calling curl_easy_cleanup(). When
> run inside MSVC's debugger, I get the following stack trace:

I can't say that helped me much...

> I have ported the EXACT same code to linux and run it with efence. Alas, the
> problem in linux is not replicated; the program finishes without any
> problems there (same thing WITHOUT efence).

The problem is very likely to be in your code, not in libcurl.

If you believe otherwise, I urge you to create an as tiny program as possible
that repeats the problem and post it here for us to try/debug/test.

> If I had to guess, I would think something is overwriting memory somewhere.
> My hopes were high for linux and efence, but alas, the program works
> flawlessly there.

valgrind is actually a better tool for linux and memory-related problems.

> Anybody has any suggestions? Are there any known memory-related bugs in
> libcurl under Windows?

in libcurl 7.12.2: none.