Re: Problem compiling with msys/mingw

From: Gisle Vanem <giva_at_bgnett.no>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:30:40 +0100

"Daniel Stenberg" wrote:

> Interesting observation: obviously the configure script sets the 'DLL_EXPORT'
> define when building the shared lib (DLL) version of the code. (Thanks to
> AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL I believe.)

I took a brief look at it and didn't understand half of it. What a ugly way to build
a package. What's the libtool really good for? And who/what is controlling what
AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL should do?

> Can't we adjust the current code to use this?

Sure, but IMO simply DLL_EXPORT is a bit vague. I suggest:

#if defined(BUILDING_LIBCURL) || defined(DLL_EXPORT)
#define CURL_EXTERN __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define CURL_EXTERN __declspec(dllimport)
#endif

--gv