Re: Firewall exploit block leads to transfer hang

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:24:27 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Russ Freeman wrote:

> It's a very difficult problem to reproduce. I can transfer several thousand
> files and not get it, I can then transfer just a few dozen and it happens.
> Almost random.
>
> My application has several threads servicing a queue of files to download.
> Each thread does curl_easy_init(), curl_easy_perform(...) and
> curl_easy_cleanup(...) for each file it processes. The more threads I have
> the more likely the problem is to occur apparently.
>
> Curl loops around in Transfer() (Transfer.c)....and never exits. The result
> is that my app never completes it's downloads

When this happens, how much data has been downloaded of how much? If you
"ethereal" the network, can you see anything odd with the network connection?

Isn't this just the client that no longer receives data and thus sits there
waiting for the rest of the data to get transfered?

What if you try to set the regular CURLOPT_TIMEOUT option? Or perhaps
CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT / CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME?