Re: Autoconf cross compile help...

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:23:00 -0800

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 02:04:37PM -0800, Dan C wrote:
> Please excuse me if I am being dense, but we don't have a full cross
> compiler per say.
> All I want to do is to tell the autoconf to look at the directories
> where the new freshly built compiler, kernel header files, system
> libraries, etc are located ignoring the system defaults.

It sounds like you just want to pass -I and -L options to the compiler. If
that's all you want, then just set some environment variables before running
configure, e.g.

env CC=my-cross-compiler-gcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/cross/include \
  LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/cross/lib ./configure

You also might need to set the --host and --with-random options to configure,
depending on what your target is.

>>> Dan