Re: curl_easy_init with c-ares, but without nameservers?

From: Andreas Rieke <andreas.rieke_at_isl.de>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 14:02:37 +0100

Hi Daniel,

before starting to debug, I should be a little more precise about my
problem. When seeing curl_easy_init returning NULL, I was working with
the windows application thinking that linux will behave in the same way.
After testing things under linux without any nameservers defined in
/etc/resolv.conf, I see that curl_easy_init returns with a valid CURL *
and returns an error "couldnt resolve host name" when trying to resolve
a name later. This is exactly what I am dreaming about :-) .

However, I have seen the windows problem on different machines under XP
and 2000, thus I do not think that this is a local configuration
problem. Does that already help you or should I try to debug ares_init?

By the way, in your file areslib.mak in vc/areslib, the modules
ares_version and ares_cancel are missing.

Thanks,

Andreas