Re: distributing a compiled program using libcurl

From: Flavio Tischhauser <fladivision_at_nonlimit.ch>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:05:32 +0100

Hi

Bertrand Demiddelaer wrote:

> Flavio Tischhauser wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to strip any unused functions (it only needs to do
>> simple HTTP Posts, no SSL, no zip etc) Or do you have other tips on
>> how to reduce the size of my program and still run it on every
>> "standard linux server"?
>
> You still can create your own specific restricited libcurl.a using
> options for configure like --disable-ftp --disable-gopher
> --disable-file --disable-ldap --disable-dict --disable-telnet
> --without-ssl --without-zlib

Thanks a lot, I'll try that!

While playing around with the libraries I noticed that about 1MB of the
"overhead" is caused by the C/C++ libraries (which are more likely to be
present on the target system). Is it possible to only link the libcurl
statically, but keep the libc stuff dynamically linked?

Thanks

Flavio