Re: Segmentation fault in SCO Unixware with libcurl,why?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 14:41:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, [utf-8] ??? wrote:

> i only keep one copy of libcurl libray, so i am sure both my program the the
> test program will load the same library in run-time.

I think he meant _other_ libraries than libcurl. I'm sure you link with
numerous shared libraries, as most unix systems do.

> just now i use gdb to debug my program and the test. Both of them run the
> same except after the connect() function is called. My program returns errno
> = 22(Invalid argument) and the test return errno is 150(which is correct in
> debuging i think). Why??

I think you should look up the errno codes in your man pages and see what
those numbers mean, and also check why they are returned.

As you said yourself, it doesn't do this on other platforms and no one else
has reported this kind of problems.

> Below is part of the compared info between them(i have saved the total debug
> information, if anyone think the following is not enough, i will present
> more later)

You said it worked when you ran as root, so why does connect fail in both
cases?