Re: Proxy issue

From: <Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:43:43 +0200

Accept my apologizes. I made a replace of '/' with '\' for some reason I
don't remember anymore, and I've changed the URL '/' too....

> I've not been able to take away the Connection and the Proxy-Connection
> header (even if I try, libcurl inserts them anyway): do I have a way to
do
> it?

No, libcurl doesn't add those.

>libcurl never sends "Accept-Language" on its own.
You are right. Sorry again. I add it....

> I've not been able to take away the Connection and the Proxy-Connection
> header (even if I try, libcurl inserts them anyway): do I have a way to
do
> it?

>No, libcurl doesn't add those.

This is strange. I don't add them too.

Anyway, given the right URL (Sorry again!! Shame on me!!!) it seems the
proxy problem I had with older libcurl version
disappeared!! I'm able work through my proxy! Thank you very much!!

Massimiliano.

|--------+--------------------------------->
| | Daniel Stenberg |
| | <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se> |
| | Sent by: |
| | curl-library-bounces_at_co|
| | ol.haxx.se |
| | |
| | |
| | 19/10/2004 10.27 |
| | Please respond to |
| | libcurl development |
| | |
|--------+--------------------------------->
>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  | |
  | To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> |
  | cc: |
  | Subject: Re: Proxy issue |

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it wrote:

> I write you again about an old proxy issue I found with libcurl: the new
> version of libcurl (7.12.2) gives me a '302 temporarily moved' error.

Given that weird URL, I'm not surprised.

> Attached you'll find the communication I trapped with the paros proxy
> (chained with my real proxy) for the CURL version and the JAVA version of
my
> app (the JAVA version works).

They use very different URLs, so I don't see the relevance in this
comparison.

> As you'll see, I've took away some header from the curl header to make it
as
> similar as possible to the JAVA one.
>
> Actually, I've took away:
> Pragma: no-cache
> Accept: */*

libcurl never sends "Accept-Language" on its own.

> Then I've changed the Host header, so that it contains only the hostname,

> instead of the whole URL.

The Host: header should always contain only the host name, and everything
else
is a bug (except for a port number of a non-standard port is used).

I believe you get a bad Host: header because you use that bad URL.

> I've not been able to take away the Connection and the Proxy-Connection
> header (even if I try, libcurl inserts them anyway): do I have a way to
do
> it?

No, libcurl doesn't add those.