Re: Remarks on the curl-7.12.1+srp-beta patch (issue 47)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:45:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Peter Sylvester wrote:

> or --tlsident user -tlssecret password -tlsauthtype srp

I think I like this version best. We can either make --tlsauthtype set to SRP
by default or even simply wait with implementing that option until it (if
ever) appears another auth type for TLS.

> ...and, in fact, I was somewhat surprised/pleased (any word is bad here)
> that you proposed to integrate the patch into the next release. :-)

I didn't pay proper attention on the state of the patch for OpenSSL first.
I'll now postpone the SRP patch for (lib)curl for 7.12.3 instead. I don't see
any point in providing this functionality in a curl release until it exists in
at least a beta or pre version of OpenSSL.