accessing libcurl in VBA from within Excel

From: Joe Byrne <curl_at_nospam.joebyrne.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:34:13 -0700

Back in July I asked about accessing libcurl in VBA from Excel. Well, I've
gotten back to that project. Googling around, I've concluded that the
problem is that libcurl isn't linked so that its functions are exported in
stdcall format. Is there an easy way for me to fix this?

I've downloaded the source and mingw, so I'm at least at the level at which
I can "make" the program as is. I'm not that familiar with modern tool
chains, so I feel that I've made personal progress.