Re: Proxy off ?

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:37:54 -0700

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 02:41:34PM +0100, Paul Johnson wrote:
> It happens after he chooses HTTP whilst at work, leaves the program running
> (its that sort of a program) then plugs into another network without a
> proxy. I'd agree that he should just restart the program as a fix, but my
> client who's paying wants it to be more immediate. Can't really say I blame
> him tbh.
>
> Is there a way ?

What Daniel (the other one) was getting at was to have your app simply
stop selecting a proxy where it currently is doing so. To look at it another
way, at some point your customer is initiating a transfer using curl, and curl
is trying to use a proxy. That means your app is using curl_easy_setopt to
set some proxy options before starting the transfer. When your customer
presses the "no proxy" button, just don't set up those options for future
transfers.

>>> Dan