Re: CVS - please help me

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:08:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Russ Freeman wrote:

> I trying to use WinCVS to grab the latest code but I've never used CVS
> (hardcore VSS user) and I just find all the instructions about as confusing
> as they can be.
>
> Could someone please (please please please) give me concise instructions to
> use WinCVS to get the latest libcurl code.
>
> Sorry if it's an OT question but all the instructions seem to assume you
> know what you're doing and really I don't know anything about CVS.

I've never used it so I can't help you much.

The repository Root ":pserver:anonymous_at_cool.haxx.se:/cvsroot/curl" and the
module to checkout "curl" need to be entered at the proper place and then it
should be able to check it out. If it prompts for a password you should just
press enter as there's only an empty one for anonymous access.

If this still fails (and there are other GUI CVS clients for Windows to try)
you can still get a daily snapshot tarball instead.