Re: Can't resolve proxy with 7.10.5

From: Ben <nascarben_at_excite.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:22:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Ben wrote:

> I'm trying to connect via libcurl, but I'm getting a resolve problem with
> the proxy.

I'm using win2k to develop, but I'm building to run on win95 up. All I'm getting back from libcurl is CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_PROXY. All of the setopts return fine and when I try to connect without a proxy I don't have any trouble at all. I am only trying to connect to a http site, no https.

What OS are you using? What does libcurl return?

> I can connect via IE just fine. I was wondering if anybody has a working
> example of using curl_easy_strerror. I'm not getting any return.

libcurl 7.10.5 is very old. I'd recommend you upgrade.

This old version of libcurl didn't have the curl_easy_strerror() function.

Your Friend,
Ben
Before you get led astray. Check those new "virus" emails to make sure you aren't being used.
McAfee
http://vil.mcafee.com/hoax.asp
Symantec/Norton
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/