RE: HTTP 1.0 and multi handle question

From: Roman Koifman <rkoifman_at_finjan.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:26:43 +0300

The patch is OK.
Tnx

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Stenberg [mailto:daniel-curl_at_haxx.se]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 1:37 PM
To: libcurl development
Subject: RE: HTTP 1.0 and multi handle question

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Roman Koifman wrote:

> I think that in case of HTTP 1.0 the default shouldn't be persistant. I
> suppose it will fix the situation. Am I correct ?

I _think_ the proper action here is to make libcurl deal with the
"Proxy-Connection: close" header properly.

> You right, the "Proxy-Connection : close" header is not defined in the RFC,
> but it is used in a wild.

Right. I was rather silly, as libcurl already supports that header when a 1.0
response is received from a proxy and told to keep-alive.

I'm starting to forget things. Am I getting old? ;-P

Can you try the attached patch and see if it fixes your problem?

Finjan Software
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally
privileged. The unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this email or
any information contained within it is strictly prohibited. This also
confirms that Finjan Software's Vital Security for E-Mail has scanned this
message for the presence of known viruses and potentially malicious
code.
Finjan Software - Prevention is the Best Cure!