Re: Expect:100 continue

From: Alan Pinstein <apinstein_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:43:14 -0400

Just wanted to chime in with a couple thoughts:

1) I think that's what the recent patch is for, but just to reiterate:
if 100/Continue behavior isn't supported by HTTP/1.1, then it should be
turned off by default. I did notice this behavior myself a while ago
in testing actually, that when I changed to HTTP/1.0 I still got the
100/Continue behavior.
2) As for documentation, I *live* in curl_easy_setopt, as it feels that
it's the place to fine-tune all behavior. Maybe a mention there? Or
maybe a new manual section on "protocols"? IE, curl_http, curl_ftp etc
where you can explain protocol-specific things?
3) I would like to note that a quick look through the available
curl_easy_setopt doesn't really contraindicate the addition of a
specific curl-opt for turning of HTTP/Continue behavior, so I can see
why Roman suggested it.

Regards,
Alan