Problems with Curl & Apache

From: Eric B. <ebenze_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:11:13 -0400

Hi,

I just moved from IIS to Apache and am having problems getting Curl to work
properly on it using virtual domains under SSL. I am running Apache 2.0.50
with Curl libcurl/7.10.8 OpenSSL/0.9.7d (according to phpinfo() ).

My problem is that I seem to need to specify my .pem file with an absolute
pathname. I used to be able to specify relative pathnames in IIS.

If I try the following:
   $ch = curl_init ();
   $key = key.pem
   curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_SSLCERT, $key);
   $result = curl_exec ($ch);

If I specify $key as being a relative path (ie: $key = keyfile.pem) then I
get the following in my Apache log:
* unable to set certificate file (wrong password?)

However, if I specify $key as being an absolute path (ie: $key =
c:\data\keyfile.pem) then it works fine.

Am I missing a configuration line in my apache configuration file? I have
the following:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.virtualdir.com
    ServerAdmin eric_at_virtualdir.com
    DocumentRoot "C:/data"
</VirtualHost>

Anyone have an idea? If I am posting in the wrong group, can you please
direct me to the right place?

Thanks,

Eric