RE: AIX multithreaded issue - CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:59:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Alexander Krasnostavsky wrote:

> I encountered the same problem. In AIX errno variable is no thread safe. To
> solve the problem, "-D_THREAD_SAFE" (or _THREAD_SAFE_ERRNO) flag should be
> defined. I think that it should be handled by configure when
> "--enable-thread" option is defined.

Aha. I've added this define to configure now (when using AIX). It would be
interesting if you tried the latest CVS or tomorrow's daily snapshot and
checked that it works fine now.

> I assume that -qthreaded also defined.

I don't follow you. Is this a compiler options we should use on AIX? (What
does it do?) And then it would be only for a specific compiler, right? If so,
which?