Re: Re: Problems with libcurl, OS X, and curl_off_t (or : What's My Size?)

From: Ryan Wilcox <ryanwilcox_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:41:25 -0400

On 8/16/04, at 7:45 PM, Daniel Stenberg said:

>On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Ryan Wilcox wrote:
>
>> curl_off_t iSize
>>
>> SetOpt(CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE_LARGE, (long)iSize);
>> //SetOpt is a very thin wrapper over curl_easy_setopt()
>>
>> Having that long cast in there makes it work for me, but of course at the
>> cost of being incompatible with large files. Without the cast the
>> CONTENT-SIZE of the post == 0.
>
>I blame your handicrafted config-mac.h file for this weirdness! :-) If you go
>the configure-route, this is not how it'll work.

You're right. I was able to get ./buildconf working enough to generate a valid
configure, ran that and it generated a src/config.h (and other stuff). Using
that config.h, even in a build-process that doesn't use Makefiles (XCode in this
case), made everything work properly.

It's still (too) hard to get to the point where you have a valid configure
script on OS X, BUT I understand the issues involved. Now that I know what
solves the problem (a real config.h) I can work around it (without needing any
work from you folks).

Thanks very much for the help.

Later,
_Ryan

Wilcox Development Solutions: http://www.wilcoxd.com
Toolsmiths for the Internet Age PGP: 0x2F4E9C31