Re: encoding header

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:23:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Alex wrote:

> accept_encoding header that gets set after u use --compressed
> win xp pro service pack 1
> Win32 - Generic 7.12.0
> and MSVC http://www.gknw.net/test/curl/curl-7.12.2-CVS-dll.zip which Guenter
> Knauf built

Ah, right. The command line client automaticly sets all supported ones or none
at all.

> btw the cvs one puts "identity" instead of the usual "deflate, gzip"

No it doesn't. Only if you build libcurl without libz support.

> also the reason i started this is that the user(me namely) might want to
> change it for only deflate or just gzip

Out of curiousity, why would you do that?

> well u know what i mean power to the user as long as he knows what he is
> doing lol

I agree that this is a flaw. I've now committed a fix that attempts to correct
it. (We still have no test cases for the --compressed option.)