Re: cURL sometimes crashes under MS Windows after DNS problems

From: Andreas Rieke <andreas.rieke_at_isl.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:49:01 +0200

Good morning Daniel,
good morning Gisle,

thanks for your answers, I have some first results for you.
First of all, the latest version 7.12.1 has the same problems, it also
crashes after DNS problems.
Additionally, I tried running the software with a debugger (I used the
release version with symbols),
but it did not crash although it is running for nearly two days on two
machines now.
As it seems that we entered a dead end here, I have removed the
USE_THREADING_GETHOSTBYNAME
and will try the "normal" gethostbyname now.
I will come back with some results in three weeks since I start my
summer holiday this weekend,

thanks,

Andreas