Re: More on POST and PUT with 100-continue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:03:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Jamie Lokier wrote:

>> Not if using NTLM, since that authenticates *connections*.
>
> Are you sure?

I'm 100% sure. I bet you could even find official docs stating this.

> A proxy can split the two requests among two origin server connections, so
> how can that be reliable?

If a proxy does that, it isn't NTLM-reliable.

> (It's a fundamental property of HTTP that each request on a connection
> should be independent).

Right. Then Microsoft entered.

[...]

> Guess what? It failed totally to upload the file -- or even to try
> (cURL doesn't get as far as issuing a PUT request!).

Guess what? We (try to) fix bugs. Try the CVS version and see if that works
better.

> Guess what?

Again, try a more recent version.

> 1. redirection with PUT is broken.

I'm aware of this. I believe this is fixed.