Re: ftpupload.c in SCO openserver

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:38:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, behrouz zolfaghari wrote:

> can I use curl on a unix system without installing the full package?

Yes.

> does it suffice to copy the binary file /usr/local/bin/curl(or possibly
> accompanied with a limited number of other files)?

It suffice to copy the necessary files, yes. Which files depends on your
particular build, but most often include at least 'curl' and 'libcurl'.

I recommend using 'make install' to prevent mistakes.

> suppose I want to make curl use ftps, should i have installed ftps on the
> destination host?

Yes, otherwise you won't be able to use ftps.

> is ftps available for SCO openserver?

I would guess so:

         http://www.ford-hutchinson.com/~fh-1-pfh/ftps-ext.html