Re: How does CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR & CURLFORM_FILE read files?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:20:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Casey ODonnell wrote:

> Just working through some stuff and got curious. How in the world can CURL
> read/write files in these cases, but cannot just automatically for say a PUT
> from MSW DLL's?

Because the problem with PUT etc is when the app is creating a file handle
(FILE *) that it passes to the library to use and in Windows DLLs can't read
from handles created by an app.

CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR and CURLFORM_FILE takes only the file name from the app, and
then the DLL has no problem.

> P.S. wxCURL (a wxWidget binding for CURL is attempting to crawl...and anyone
> interested in CURL + wxWidgets would be more than encouraged to help out, or
> at least think about using the library.)

As you might've spotted, I've taken the liberty of mentioning your binding in
the libcurl section on the curl web site.