Re: [PROPOSAL] simplify gnu makefiles

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 23:11:23 +0200

Hi Daniel,
> We could have the Makefile.am file include the 'files.inc'! (Since the
> generated makefile won't be using include then anyway.)
you mean you create a Makefile.include which contains only the HHEADERS and CSOURCES part;
and from now own you only maintain this, and let Makefile.am include this...

yeah, fine; then I start with the other makefiles once you have done this; or should I also modify Makefile.am?
I've not played yet with this babe...

> But I think I would prefer a file name like 'make.files' or
> 'Makefile.include' or something.
sure, whatever you like...

Guenter.