[PROPOSAL] simplify gnu makefiles

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:37:29 +0200

Hi Daniel,
we spoke already about the nasty job to maintain all the makefiles....

I've played a bit with make, and perhaps something like the rule below could save us some time,
at least with all builds which use gnu make:

OBJS := $(patsubst %.c,%.o,$(wildcard *.c))

however this would require that every *.c file in the directory is compilable on any platform;
two solutions are here possible:
- move all platform-dependent *.c into a subdir 'os'
or:
- ifdef the platform-specific stuff in the related files

Guenter.

BTW: I'm just on changing the NetWare makefiles so that now a config.h is created at compilation time by the makefile, and would like to remove the config-netware.h then when finished...
are you fine with this?