Error 7: Cannot assign address

From: Jesse Noller <jnoller_at_archivas.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:15:48 -0400

hey all,

Currently, I'm using pycurl and libcurl with a http load generation tool
- it's designed with 10 individual processes all performing libcurl
operations (mainly http PUT and GET), with 10 concurrent processes, I
have started seeing errors like this from libcurl:

File "/RIS/archive1/juggernaut-2.0-10Client/http.py", line 143, in put
    c.perform()
error: (7, 'Failed to connect to 192.168.102.25 IP number 1: Cannot
assign requested address')

Now, the client setup is 10 concurrent processes all PUT'ing (via http)
a number of 1Kb, Mb, etc files against a server, non stop, as fast as
they can.

I've never seen this before, and everything I turn up points to this
being "a generic error". Has anyone else ever seen this, or know what is
going on?

thanks,

jesse