Re: IPV6 and Mac OS X

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:54:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Matt Veenstra wrote:

> I have been away for a bit and am not sure what the resolution has been for
> the IPV6 name resolution slow down with curl and Mac OS X.

There hasn't been any talk at all about this lately. There was a person
@apple.com who said he was gonna investigate this, but nothing has been said
publicly about it since. At least not that I've absorbed.

> Have the config files been updated in the lastest builds to disable IPV6?

Mac OS X builds use configure and thus --disable-ipv6 can be used to disable
ipv6.

> Has the code been changed at all?

Yes, we've rearranged the name resolving code quite a lot in 7.12, but no
functionality changes have been made and if there was a problem before it most
likely still remains.

If you don't need ipv6 support, you can easily just disable that to circumvent
this problem. You could also investigate this and/or contact Apple about it.

(Apple is surprisingly absent from all curl forums, after all they ship curl
in their OS and they use libcurl in applications since a while back.)