Re: AIX multithreaded issue - CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:32:17 +0200

On Jun 7, 13:41, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Joseph Anto Smith wrote:
>
>> I should have included the details earlier... The exact funtion is connect
>> in connect.c The funny thing is connect returns -1 indicating it failed but
>> the errno is not set. I suppose this has something to do with threads and I
>> am stuck in how to proceed further with the debugging.
>
>This is really out of my league. This is clearly a matter of reading up on AIX
>details and figure out what you need to do to build multi-threaded programs
>for your operating system.
>
>According to web page[1] I found:
[...]

For what it's worth, I'm having no problems using the libcurl easy interface
in multithreaded programs on AIX 5.1 (5102). However, this is libcurl 7.9.3,
as that is the version currently available from IBM (I have to use the version
available to my customers). My autobuilds are using libcurl from CVS of
course, but that's only running the built-in tests.
There's nothing in particular to take care of during the link stage, I just
link with -lpthread and that's it. Linker takes care of the rest. In fact
the makefile looks basically the same as for the same application on Linux.

Somewhen in the future I expect to change our AIX production system to a
current version of libcurl. It's strange that any mulithreaded problems
should have been introduced lately though, as we've in fact fixed several
*potential* mulithread problems in the last versions of curl..

-Tor