Re: Segfault with CURLOPT_STDERR (was: How to use CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION with Perl)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:58:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Jan Theofel wrote:

> Here's the output although I think it won't help very much:
>
> (gdb) frame 1
> #1 0x403178c7 in Curl_infof (data=Variable "data" is not available.
> ) at sendf.c:138
> 138 sendf.c: No such file or directory.
> in sendf.c

I would be interested in what the local variables in that frame contain. It
should basicly be 'data' and the generated buffer (print_buffer). What source
line is 138? Is that the first one that uses 'data'? If so, it would indicate
that 'data' points to something illegal! If that is the case, then we need to
chase down something that destroys memory...

> If I understand that correct, the gdb need the source files for that but
> doesn't find them. Where do I find the connect.c to add this path with the
> -d option to gdb? The file seems neither to be be in the sources of curl nor
> in the sources of the WWW::Curl::easy module.

Those are source files in libcurl. See curl-[version]/lib.