Re: Problem compiling on WIN32 solved - new proxy issue

From: <Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:18:36 +0200

Hi Gisle,
>I assume that's timeGetTime().

>BTW. either time-method is only precise to 1msec. Win32 has
>functions for 100nsec resolution if that would be needed.

I tried to search for such a function, but it seems that those functions,
just claim to be 100nsec of resolution, but
they updates them result only every 15ms (I guess you are referring to
GetSystemTimeAsFileTime).

The best way I found to get precision to nsecs was an ASM function that
returns the CPU cycles count, but it is
platform dependant (on my 1.7Ghz CPU it gets about 1500000000 cycles in a
second).

>> I tried -DWITHOUT_MM_LIB (or /D "WITHOUT_MM_LIB") but it didn't
seem
>> to work.

>Why not?

Forget it. As you can see in the patch I sent yesterday, it works fine! :))
Anyway, I've downloaded the latest snapshot to be sure that the Makefile I
sent
yesterday works fine.

It seems that the latest snapshot needs the strerrorr.c module to be linked
to the
curl.exe.

I've patched the src/Makefile.vc6 and I'm testing again all the vc-***
makefile option.
When I'll finish, I'll send you the new patch.

Massimiliano Ziccardi