Re: Problem compiling on WIN32 solved - new proxy issue

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_broadpark.no>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:46:46 +0200

<Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it> said:

> Even if you say curl do not uses winsock anymore, I had to link with
> the
> WS2_32.LIB and WINMM.LIB (unresolved externals).

I assume that's timeGetTime().

BTW. either time-method is only precise to 1msec. Win32 has
functions for 100nsec resolution if that would be needed.

> Moreover, I had to add the $(SSLLIBS) to the LNK declaration in the
> release-ssl-dll section
> of the Makefile.
>
> The problem about curlx_tvdiff, curlx_tvnow, curlx_strtoll still
> exists
> in curl 7.12, so I had to add them to tha libcurl.def (thanks Gisle
> Vanem!).
>
> I tried -DWITHOUT_MM_LIB (or /D "WITHOUT_MM_LIB") but it didn't seem
> to work.

Why not?

As Daniel hinted about; ..\lib\timeval.c etc. should be added to
.\src\makefile.vc6 since it's really not part of libcurl. Do you write a fix?
I seldom use MSVC now.

BTW. I saw your makefile.vc6 used syntax like:
LFLAGSSSL = "/LIBPATH:$(OPENSSL_PATH)/out32dll"

That should be:
LFLAGSSSL = /LIBPATH:"$(OPENSSL_PATH)/out32dll"

(in case OpenSSL path contains a space, but that's generally a very
bad idea). And other CFLAGS options doesn't need quotes around them.
/DWITHOUT_MM_LIB is enough.

--gv