Re: Segfault with CURLOPT_STDERR (was: How to use CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION with Perl)

From: Jan Theofel <theofel_at_etes.de>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:38:13 +0200

Hello Daniel,

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 02:32:41PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2004, Jan Theofel wrote:
>
> > The seg fault occurs, when calling $curl->perform().
>
> Can you produce a stack trace with gdb and show us instead? It would be a lot
> easier to tell what happens.
>
> docs/BUGS describes how to make one.

I read this, but I'm not sure what to do now.

It tells me what to do fpr an stack trace using curl (and not the library).
Ok, so I would change that to "gdb perl <core>".

But my main problem with this explenation is, that I don't get a core file.

My next try was the perl debugger which can also create a stack trace, but
that didn't help either, because when debugging the $curl->perform command,
the debugger dies (don't do anything expect for a SIGKILL).

You also write something about compiler options. For which parts do I need
them? For curl, the perl module or even perl itself?

Thanks,
Jan

--
Jan Theofel                              Fon:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 0
ETES - EDV-Systemhaus GbR                Fax:  +49 (7 11) 48 90 83 - 50