Re: Problem compiling on WIN32 (almost solved, I think)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:03:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 24 May 2004 Massimiliano_Ziccardi_at_intesa.it wrote:

> src/Makefile.vc6:
> Line number 33:
> CFLAGS = /I "../lib" /I "../include" /I "$(ZLIB_PATH)"
> /nologo /W3 /GX /D "WIN32" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_MBCS" /YX /FD /c /D
> "USE_MANUAL"

That was a mistake in the 7.11.2 release. It is fixed in CVS.

> Line number 60:
> !IF "$(CFG)" == "release-ssl" || "$(CFG)"
> == "release-ssl-dll"

I don't understand this change.

> WINLIBS = WS2_32.LIB WINMM.LIB

This should not be necessary in the more recent development version since
lkibcurl no longer requires winsock2.

> Anyway, now, launching make vc-ssl-dll I get the following errors:

> mainr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _curlx_tvnow
> mainr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _curlx_strtoll
> mainr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _curlx_tvdiff
> curl.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
>
> What else should I change to solve those errors?

Those are symbols that is fixed in more recent libcurl by include curlx.h in
main.c. I honestly don't remember exactly what the correct procedure was back
in 7.11.2.

Can you get a recent daily snapshot instead and try if that works better, or
if not, fix the flaws that might still exist in there?